What Matters Most (book 3, Diary of a Teenage Girl series, Maya) by Melody Carlson



When I received What Matters Most by Melody Carson... I wasn't really sure if I would like it or not. Honestly, how many ways can you write a story for teens about teens that really reaches them?? BUT, having a teen daughter, I wanted to check this book out.

First, let me say that it would really help to have read books one and two of this series. There are many books in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, but this is only the third in the Maya section.

Second, you don't have to read the other sets in the series to get Maya's story, but I believe they will all intermingle.

Third, for the review... I was pleasantly surprised by the story and the way it was all set up. Maya Stark is a 16 year old girl who is struggling to find some normalcy in her very chaotic, messed up life. Her mother is in prison and her father is touring with his music. Maya is just trying, and sometimes failing, to fit in at the local high school. She struggles with all the normal stuff: peer pressure, guy pressure, decisions about school and her future, but she turns to God and godly friends to guide her. Maya is also green, meaning is very much about recycling and saving the planet in small and big ways every day. Each chapter ends with a tip from Maya on ways the reader can help the environment.

All in all, I enjoyed the book and believe that my teen daughter will also! In fact, she is already trying to snatch it from me.

For more information about this book check out: What Matters Most

For more information about the auther check out: Melody Carlson

Comments