The LightKeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble



The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble is more than what it is billed as-- Christian/Romance. I have read lots of Christian romance and I enjoy it, but often jokingly call it "Eye Candy."  It's what I read when I don't want to have to really focus and work at what I'm reading. It's what I read when I want to relax.  I have read Colleen's Lonestar Sanctuary Series and enjoyed them, but I really got into The Lightkeeper's Ball.  

First, let me say that this book is the third in the Mercy Falls Series.  When I realized that, and the fact that I hadn't read the first two [The Lightkeeper's Daughter & The Lightkeeper's Bride], I was worried that I would be totally lost... and I was at first.  By the end of the book, I wasn't lost and knew exactly what was going on and realized that you don't have to read the first two to understand/pick up The Lightkeeper's Ball.  Now, if you are like me, you will WANT to read the first two books.

Olivia Stewart is expected to save her family's name by securing a husband who can provide the family with the wealth that has always been attached to the family name.  She fights marrying a man she doesn't know or love, until her sister, Eleanor, dies before her arranged marriage to Harrison Bennett can be occur.  Olivia is then forced to become engaged to Eleanor's fiance, but she has her doubts as to whether her sister's death is an accident and if Bennett is responsible.  Olivia goes "undercover" as Lady Devonworth to find out the truth behind Eleanor's death and if Olivia and Harrison are at all compatible.

This is a wonderful book full of mystery/suspense as well as romance and Scripture.  I thoroughly enjoyed The Lightkeeper's Ball and I look forward to reading the rest of the series!

Comments