Garden of Madness by Tracy L. Higley

"Her father is King Nebuchadnezzar.  
                              Her secret could destroy a nation."


     Princess Tiamet has just lost her husband that she was forced to marry at a young age as a treaty between her family and the Judean Kingdom.  She has lived 7 years in an unhappy marriage and all her life in an opulent palace that feels more like a prison.  Now, she is to wed another prince to preserve her family's place as the royal family.  Tiamet's father, King Nebuchadnezzar, has been ill for 7 years and her mother has been running the country through the king's faithful advisors.  There are rumors in the palace of secret alliances and threats to the throne and royal family.  As she tries to find the person or persons who the rumors are about, she finds secrets that could destroy her whole family.  

     Can she find the truth without bringing more harm to her family?  Can she find a way to avoid this new arranged marriage? How will her late husband's family play into the future of Babylon?

My Review:

This is the first book I have read by Tracy L. Higley and I LOVED it!!  I admit, it took some getting into the book, but once I did I couldn't put the book down. I will definitely be looking for more of Higley's books!

I love the insight in to the home of King Nebuchadnezzar that Higley portrays in this book.  I have never given a second thought to his family or the things that went on during his madness.  

I will definitely be looking into other books by Tracy L. Higley.  For more information check her website and you can follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments