Christy Nockels, Let It Be Jesus, a CD review


About Christy:

As a worship leader for many years, she has been an integral part of Passion Conferences from its inception in 1997.  She's seen first hand music sweep people into the presence of God in a powerful way. A pastor’s kid, who was born in Fort Worth and raised in Oklahoma, she grew up singing in church. She met her husband, Nathan, in 1993 at the Christian Artists Seminar in Estes Park, Co. They recorded an independent record with fellow worship leader Charlie Hall under the name Sons & Daughters that led to an invitation from Louie Giglio to participate in the first Passion conference in Austin. Christy’s voice gained a national platform when she and Nathan formed the duo Watermark, recording four acclaimed albums before that musical season ended, paving the way for Christy’s solo career. In 2008, the couple moved to Atlanta to become part of Passion City Church where she serves on the worship team with sixstepsrecords labelmates Chris Tomlin and Kristian Stanfill. The following year, Nockels released her acclaimed solo debut, Life Light Up and spent much of the next two years touring with Tomlin and Passion.

For More contact with Christy:

Facebook

Instagram


Twitter
iTunes



My Review: 

I played this album on my way to and from work... just me, the cd and traffic.  I had never heard of Christy Nockels before, so I was REALLY listening, ya know? I want to tell you first off what I didn't like about the Album:

1) It's a live recording.  I HATE live recordings.  Why do I want to hear other people clapping? It is very distracting.  Are the people clapping for Jesus or for the artist?  If I'm trying to worship while listening to this music-- applause distracts my focus from God to artist.  

Okay.... glad I could get that off my chest right away.  Now, onto the GOOD stuff about this album.  It's filled with well-written lyrics glorifying God and reminding the worshiper that freedom is found in Christ and the worshiper can always lean on Jesus because no one can compare. If the listener is a believer, then these songs just firm up the faith that he/she has already... it's a reminder that we can lean on and trust in God.  If the listener is not a believer.. it tells the listener that there is HOPE in Jesus Christ, He can be trusted and He will be there for you.  

I'm not sure what genre (besides Christian Contemporary) this cd is considered to be... I felt a little rock, a little contemporary, and a little country. A good mix and a very enjoyable Album.  It's a simple, beautifully done album that will lift your spirits and glorify God.









"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”




Comments